- Delhi / NCR
- Bengaluru (Bangalore)
- Jammu Tawi
Dr. P.C. Jacob - B.D.S.,M.D.S.(Prosthodontics)Email: email@example.com
Website - www.drpcjacob.com
Pallivathukkal Cherian Jacob, B.D.S.,M.D.S.(Prosthodontics)
12-13, 4th Cross
Vivekananda Nagar, Bangalore- 560033, INDIA
Phone : +91 080 25548099
Cell : +91 9844057885
Dr. P.C. Jacob is a Prosthodontist, presently Professor of Prosthodontics at KCDS, Bangalore. He has also been running a successful practice for the past twelve years.
Dr. Jacob completed his BDS from the College of Dental Surgery, Manipal and his MDS in Prosthodontics from Annamalai University. From 1996-1997, he completed a one year Residency Program in Maxillofacial Prosthetics at the UCLA Medical Center, California, USA , on an American Cancer Society fellowship. During his residency, he worked closely with Dr. John Beumer III, an eminent Maxillofacial Prosthodontist and Implantologist. Since the Maxillofacial clinic at UCLA is also the Center for Implant Dentistry, he received training in this field as well.
Dr.Jacob’s expertise is in field of Prosthodontics, Maxillofacial prosthetics and Dental implants. He has lectured widely both in India and abroad.
- 1996 - 1997 Completed a Residency in Maxillofacial Prosthetics at the University of California , Los Angeles, School of Dentistry, USA. Worked closely with Dr. John Beumer III in rehabilitating patients with various maxillofacial defects.Also trained in Oral and Maxillofacial Implants.
- 1991 - 1994 Completed a 3 year program in Prosthodontics and was awarded a Master of Dental Surgery(MDS) degree at the Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu. During the program equal emphasis was given to Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics.
- 1983 - 1987 Completed a 4 year program in Dentistry and was awarded a Bachelor of Dental Surgery(BDS) degree by the Mangalore University.
- 2010 - present- Visiting Consultant, Dept. of Cranomaxillofacial Surgery, Mazumdar Shaw Cancer Center, Narayana Hrudayalaya Hospitals, Bangalore 2008 - present- Key opinion leader( KOL), 3M ESPE
- India.April 06 - present- Professor , Dept. of Prosthodontics, Krishnadevaraya College of Dental Surgery, Bangalore
- Feb 05 - March 06 - Consultant, Head & Neck Institute Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and concurrently, Professor, Dept. of Prosthodontics, Amrita College of Dental Surgery, Kochi .
- Oct 02 - Jan 05 - Professor, Dept of Prosthodontics, Saveetha Dental College, Chennai
- July 02 - Sept 02 - Professor, Dept.of Prosthodontics, PMNM Dental College
- May 01 - July 02 - Associate Professor, Dept. of Prosthodontics, PMNM Dental College , Bagalkot
- Nov 00 - May 01 - Associate Professor, Dept. of Prosthodontics, M. R. Ambedkar Dental College, Bangalore
- Nov 97 - Oct 00 - Asst. Professor, Dept. of Prosthodontics , M.R.Ambedkar Dental College, Bangalore
- Dec 98- present - Started a Dental Clinic, with emphasis on Prosthodontics, Dental Implants and Maxillofacial Prosthetics
PAPERS PRESENTED & GUEST LECTURES
- 2010- Conducted a two day program on “Occlusion and Full mouth Rehabilitation” at Davangere.
- Conducted a two day program in the Department on “Removable Partial Dentures Demystified” for post graduate students, at KCDS, Bangalore.Invited speaker 39th IPS conference, Indore, spoke on “ Full mouth rehabilitation using fixed Prosthodontics”.
- Invited speaker 3M ESPE postgraduate symposium at Bangalore.
- 2009- Conducted a one day course on “ Contemporary Fixed Prosthodontics” at Madurai.
- Conducted a two day pre-conference course on “Fabrication of implant supported auricular prosthesis” at 38th IPS Conference at Thrissur.
- AO Foundation Advanced Symposium on Craniomaxillofacial Reconstruction, Bangalore, spoke on “Management of maxillary defects with obturators”.
- 2008- “ Duplicating an existing implant supported bar to fabricate an auricular prosthesis”, poster presentation at International Society for Maxillofacial Rehabilitation, Bangkok.
- 2008- Invited speaker at Sri Lankan Academy of Aesthetic and Cosmetic Dentistry. Spoke on “ Use of Silicones in Maxillofacial Rehabilitation” and “All ceramic restorations in practice”.
- 2007- Conducted a two day program on “ Fixed Prosthodontics in Practice” at Goa.
- 2006- Conducted a pre-conference course on the “Fabrication of Silicon Orbital Prostheses”.
Invited speaker at the 7th National convention of postgraduate students, Pondicherry spoke on “Current concepts in extra-oral prostheses”.
- 2005- Invited speaker for general and ENT surgeons, AIIMS, Kochi spoke on “Prosthetic rehabilitation of the Maxilloethmoid complex”.
- 2004- Invited speaker at the 6th National convention of Prosthetic postgraduate students, Bangalore spoke on “ Prosthetic Rehabilitation of Extra Oral Defects”.
- 2003- Invited speaker at the 4th National Convention of postgraduate students, Belgaum, spoke on “ Aesthetic Considerations in Maxillofacial Prosthetics”.
- 2002- Invited speaker at the 3rd National convention of postgraduate students, Chennai, spoke on “The Biomechanics in the Rehabilitation of Maxillary Defects”.
- 2001 - “Orbital Prostheses in Silicone”- Clinical and Laboratory steps , 29th Indian Prosthodontic Society Conference, Hyderabad.
- 2000- Panelist , panel discussion “Treatment of Maxillary Carcinomas”, 2nd SAARC ENT Congress, Kathmandu , Nepal.
- 2000- Invited speaker, First Biennial Dental Conference of National Dental Hospital, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- 2000- Invited Speaker, Head & Neck Symposium, conducted by the Association of Otolaryngologists of India, Hyderabad.
- 2000- “Prosthetic Rehabilitation of Maxillary Defects- A two case presentation”, International Congress of Maxillofacial Prosthetics, Hawaii, USA.
HONORS & AWARDS
1996 - First Indian to be awarded an “Audrey Meyers Mars International Fellowship in Clinical Oncology” by the American Cancer Society, to study Maxillofacial Prosthetics at the UCLA Medical Center.
- Jacob P C , Singh S. “Pindborgs Tumour” – A Prosthodontic Management. Journal of Indian Prosthodontic Society, 1993 Sep. – Dec ,7 (3) : 11-13
- Jacob P C , Singh S. “Papillon Le Fevre Syndrome” – A Case Report, Journal of Indian Prosthodontic Sociery, 1993 Sep. – Dec. 7 (3) : 15 – 17
- Rediscovering Complete Dentures, contributing author, 1998, published by The postgraduate dept. M.R.Ambedkar Dental College and Hospital, Bangalore
- Jacob P C et al , “Mini dental implants as a simple treatment alternative for edentulous mandibular cases”, in print
- Indian Prosthodontic Society
- Indian Dental Association
- Indian Society of Oral Implantologists
- International Society for Maxillofacial Rehabilitation
- Dr. John Beumer III , DDS, MS
Chairman, Department of Advanced Prosthodontics & Hospital Dentistry
Director, Residency in Maxillofacial Prosthetics
UCLA School of Dentistry
10833 Le Conte Avenue
Room AO 156 CHS
Los Angeles, CA 90095 , USA
Tel: (310) 825 6510
- Dr. M Abraham Kuriakose MD, FDSRCS, FFDRCS, FRCS Ed., FRCS, AB
Professor and Director Dept. of Surgical Oncology
Chief, Head and Neck Oncology Service
Mazumdar Shaw Cancer Center, Narayana Hrudayalaya Medical City
Bommasandara, Bangalore, India 56009
E- mail: firstname.lastname@example.org